Let's Connect!

...

Friday, March 1, 2013

Super Useful Travel Links

It’s that time again! The last month in travel has been pretty busy and since half of those things are sad like snowstorms in the Midwest and economic uncertainty. Because of that I found some fun links that will make you not frown when you think about planning a trip and packing your bag. Yup, travel should be fun. Enjoy!


There are several things I do when I first arrive at my destinations. One of those is to hit the grocery store to load up on food for my breakfasts and some dinners. I will probably also grab something to eat as soon as I get off the plane. Independent Traveler has a list of ten things to do in the first 24-hours of touching down. They are pretty good. Do you have any to add?

Photos of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Only at Universal's Islands of Adventure, Orlando

Are you a nerd? If you travel the world in search of places that are your favorites from TV, movies and books, CNN Travel thinks you are. In a good way. I enjoy seeing destinations that I have seen only on the screen before and I am definitely looking forward to the day I can visit Leavesden Studios for the Harry Potter studio tour (and was really excited to visit the HP part of Universal Studios after it opened). CNN gives you the best in nerdy pilgramages. It doesn’t just cover pop culture stops, but also true nerd destinations like the CERN laboratories. Have you visited any of these destinations?

It’s hard to find free Wi-fi and laptops can add bulk to your carry-on, but what if your whole hotel room was plugged in? A room where you can check your email on the walls or play YouTube videos on the floor or check out your day’s itinerary on the ceiling before getting out of bed. Sounds awesome, right? Tell me what you think of this hotel room of the future that Too Many Adapters brought to my inbox.



What happens too all that change people forget in those bins and bowls at security? Twelve cents here and there may not seem like a lot, but Denver International saw that it adds up quickly, like quarters in your couch cushions (if you’re lucky) and decided to put it to good use. Last year, over half a million dollars in change was left behind at security checkpoints across the nation. Congress gave TSA the right to use this money their operations. Denver International Airport wanted to use change for change and have donated all their undeclared cents to a corporation that helps the homeless. In fact, you don’t even have to forget your change. You can donate it right at security. Thanks to Stuck at the Airport for posting this uplifting story.



OMG! I love churros! I know I’m not the only one. Disney blogs spent an entire post on the glory of this dessert stick and what it can be used for aside from snacking. I love the creativity. Unfortunately for me, after I get to anywhere that I could try to use my churro as an alternate thing, I have already eaten it ten minutes ago. Maybe you have more control over me. Either way, enjoy how much Disney loves the churro.

I am an eco-conscious person. When I travel, I still try to do my part. I recycle everything I can, I pack light and I walk and take public transportation as much as possible. Huffington Post has a list of eco-friendly travel tips, because if you’re going to travel, you should try to do it responsibly or there will be fewer places to visit in the future.

And for those of you who just don’t have the means to travel right now, don’t worry. You’re not the only one. If all my tips still can’t help you with a travel budget, then just be happy where you are. tiny buddha wants you to know that happiness is a form of travel and can enable you to love the present and what’s happening in your life.




If you do think you have money in your budget for a trip, and you’re planning it for summer, make sure to download a copy of my updated ebook: Secrets to Summer Savings.

Did you find some interesting travel links recently? Feel free to share them in the comments. Also, Happy Friday! I thought it would never get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover