Let's Connect!

...

Friday, March 29, 2013

Super Useful Travel Links


Happy Friday! I hope you all are having a great week – or at least gearing up for a great weekend. Perhaps you’ll be hiding eggs for your little ones or kicking back by the pool in a sunny locale. Whatever you’re doing, let’s learn some fun and interesting stuff about travel this week.


FareCompare always brings us some of the best travel tips. If you missed their 7 unexpected travel problem fixes, then here it is again. It seems that wearing offensive words across your chest would be a given as something you shouldn’t do in a family-friendly space, but some people just don’t get it. I once witnessed a lady coming for her first day of work (in a retail environment) in a pair of ripped jeans and a beat up t-shirt with the phrase Paxil is for P***ies and photos of razor blades on them, so I am not all that shocked when people wear crazy inappropriate clothing anymore. Here’s why you should use your common sense regarding travel clothing, as well as 6 more problems.


I’ve been trying really hard to eat healthy lately and I’ve been making my own (mostly vegetarian) meals and freezing extra servings for later. Luckily, this makes dinner time so much easier and gives us a decent selection of ready-made meals. The “problem” with eating so well is that when you travel, it’s hard to find similar options, especially at the airport when you are faced with the likes of McDonald’s, Wendy’s and Chili’s Too. ABC brings you America’s healthiest airport food. If you are a vegetarian, take a look back at my post on what items you can order and where at most airports.


I love food, and I don’t like to offend anyone. If you’re the same, then you may want to check out Budget Travel’s international dining etiquette rules. I learned a lot that I will be taking with me on my trips.


Want to see your destination like a local? Then maybe book a tour a local suggests.  Peek.com pulls together some of the most interesting activities and tours that have been highly rated by other travelers. Don’t go in blind and just assume something is awesome just based on the company website. Learn more about Peek here on USA Today.


And I leave you with this super-impressive use of frequent flyer miles. I posted this on Facebook from my new favorite travel blogger, Vanessa from Turnip Seed Travel, but in case you missed it, it deserves another post. Vanessa and her husband are doing a mini round-the-world trip with seven stops and they paid just $700 and 80,000 frequent flyer miles to do it. So, if you think you can’t afford to travel anywhere her post can show you how it can be done, as long as you are willing to put in the effort to find great deals and use (and accumulate) your miles. This way beats my $5 tickets to L.A.

Have you found any interesting travel links lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover